Again it has been some time since my last post (beginning of December) but progress has been made. So far I have completed stripping the hull. This marks a milestone for me as I am now, what I like to say, half way through the second third of the project.
|The final strip installation on the hull.|
I have completed planing and rough sanding. The differences in the redwood and cedar are readily apparent and the beauty of the wood is showing. I plan to come back to finish sand the hull just prior to fiber-glassing.
|Shavings from planing.|
Here is a video of me turning the kayak over on it's stands. I still need to modify the stands a little to avoid the sharp contact points on the hull. I plan to cut a couple of curved pieces underneath the hull and attach these to the stands.
Lastly, I have been thinking that I need a name for my creation. Since most boats have names, I have begun thinking about what to name it. I have a couple I am considering and I am open to sugestions. Feel free to leave a comment if you have a suggestion for a name. Stay tuned for more info. The name reveal will come out during the initial launch which I am hoping to do sometime around the end of May or early June.
Until next time...